Team Leader – Kids Club
Team Leader – Kids Club
• Part time maternity leave fixed term contract up to 12 months
• Leading SA non-for-profit disability organisation
• Kids Club Program
Cara has exciting opportunities for an experienced Team Leader to join and lead the Kids Club Program.
Cara’s Kids Club Program is a day of interactive play, fun and friendship for children with disabilities. The children participate in a range of activities that are tailored to their developmental needs. Kids club is growing and will be soon running every Saturday across a variety of locations and Monday to Friday during the school holidays.
Your new organisation
We are a leading SA non-for-profit organisation with a long and proud history of over 60 years working in partnership with people living with disability, their families and the community to create a better life.
Your new role
You will engage and lead a team of Community Support Workers to support children with mental and physical disabilities and to empower them holistically to meet their needs, enhance their lifestyle choices and be actively involved in the community.
You will be responsible for the rostering of your team, and the general daily administration needs of the service, along with working hands on with the people we support and their families.
We support people 24 hours a day, every day - including mornings, evenings, weekends, and sleepovers. We'd like for you to be flexible and to be able to work at other Cara locations when needed.
Do you have the following?
• Experience supporting children living with various physical and intellectual disabilities
• Initiative and self-motivation
• Ability to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of individual support programs, autism, behavioural concerns and high health requirements
• Creativity, ability to adapt to different situations and think on your feet
• Desire to help children with disabilities live life to the fullest!
You will be working in a rewarding and friendly team environment and have fantastic opportunities for career development and pathways with ongoing staff training and support.
What you will need:
• Current DCSI Child-Related Employment Clearance (Mandatory)
• Child Safe Environments Certificate (Mandatory)
• Certificate IV in Disability (Essential), Bachelors of Developmental Education (Desirable)
• Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent )
• Current South Australian Driver's Licence
• Background in mental health (desirable)
• Experience within the disability industry
• Experience leading a team
• Supervision/Management Training (desirable)
• Training and accreditation in high health support, positive behaviour support, active support, non-violent crisis intervention and medication control.
What we offer:
• Competitive remuneration package including salary sacrifice benefits, you can visit the CBB salary packing website at https://www.cbb.com.au/
• Ongoing training
• Rewarding and exciting career opportunity in a growing sector
How you can apply:
To make an application online, click APPLY now.
Please click here to view the Position Description.
You can follow our page on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/2880209/life/
And Cara at https://recruit.cara.org.au/jobs
You can contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588 for any queries you may have.
The closing date for these position will be Wednesday, 30 May 2018.