Senior Developmental Educator
· Twelve-month, full-time contract with a possibility of an extension
· Hindmarsh location
· Competitive remuneration with salary packaging benefits
Cara - your new organisation:
At Cara we have a long and proud history of over 60 years and are a growing South Australian disability organisation with 1,000 employees supporting over 750 customers in respite, accommodation and in Home & Community Support.
As a leading
disability service provider, Cara is committed to working alongside children
and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in
opportunities. Our promise is ‘We Find Possible’.
Our work is guided by four key values – We Make it Personal; We are Careful; We Discover and Create; We are Persistent.
Your new role:
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated professional, who is flexible and innovative in their approach. Cara is seeking a behaviour support practitioner who is experienced in working within the disability sector to join our team of Developmental Educators in a senior role.
In this role you will work from a human rights framework that is strengths based and person-centred and will support our customers to identify opportunities, increase their independence and enhance their participation in the wider community.
You will be responsible for developing individualised strategies that are responsive to the customer’s needs and this will be done through the development, implementation, and evaluation of plans, strategies and programs designed with our customers.
In addition to managing a caseload, you will also be required to provide clinical supervision for staff.
You will work in partnership with the customers, staff and/or family members to provide education, coaching and training to build skills and capacity and deliver excellence in service provision.
Although you will be based at our Hindmarsh office, there will be a requirement for you to travel across the wider metropolitan area to deliver support as required to our customers.
Skills and experience in the following areas:
· Previous experience in a senior role as a Developmental Educator at an Advanced or Specialist level as described in the NDIS PBS Capability Framework
· Experience in providing clinical supervision for staff
· Demonstrated relevant experience working with people with a disability who have complex needs and their support networks
· A sound understanding of person-centred practice, Trauma Informed Practice, Therapeutic Model of Support and mental health (highly desirable)
· Comprehensive knowledge of complex behaviour support and the development and delivery of innovative approaches based on current best practice
· A sound knowledge and understanding of the NDIS
· Experience in working within the NDIS framework
· Experience in delivering professional support, training and consultancy to support customers, family members and support workers
· Expertise and competence to perform any standard professional task within the discipline of Developmental Educator without direct supervision
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
· Ability to produce professional documents and reports
· Ability to maintain an autonomous caseload
· Extensive experience in liaising and working collaboratively with professionals within the health and disability sectors
Qualifications and certifications required:
· Bachelor of Disability and Development Education (or higher) qualification or (equivalent)
· Full membership of the Developmental Educators Australia Inc (DEAI). (essential)
· Already registered or eligible for registration as a Behaviour Support Practitioner with the NDIS.
· Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or Post Graduate qualification (desirable)
· Current Working with Children Employment Screening and Disability Services Employment Screening
· Current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent)
· Current and un restricted South Australian Driver's Licence
· Salary packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
· Career opportunities in a growing organisation focussed on our people
· Supportive work environment, strong focus on offering flexibility where possible.
· Access to Smart technology including phone and laptop
· Rewarding, friendly work environment
· New office, state of the art building, with modern facilities and open plan area
How to apply
To make an application online, click APPLY and include a Cover Letter and Resume.
For further information please refer to the Position Description at our Careers page located at https://recruit.cara.org.au/jobs
You can follow us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/2880209/life/
For confidential enquiries please contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588