Restrictive Practices Leader
· Contract role, 18 months
· Leading SA profit-for-purpose disability organisation
· Competitive remuneration and salary packaging
Cara has a long and proud history of over 60 years, and is a growing South Australian disability organisation with 1,000 employees supporting over 750 customers in short term accommodation, accommodation services and Home Community Support.
leading disability service provider, Cara is committed to working alongside
children and adults with disability to assist them to grow as individuals and
live a life rich in opportunities. Our promise is ‘we find possible’.
Our work is guided by four key values – we make it personal, we are careful, we discover and create, and we are persistent.
Come and find possible with us!
Your new role
Reporting to the General Manager Operations, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced behaviour support professional to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
You will be responsible for providing expert restrictive practices advice and working with all parts of the organisation, including senior management and support workers.
The role will focus on strengthening a positive culture committed to customer safety, compliance, risk management and service improvement.
Skills and experience
· Experience in working with people with behaviours of concern and restrictive practices
· Sound understanding of the NDIS Behaviour Support Restrictive Practice rules, Guardianship and Administration Act 1993 and Mental Health Act 2009 and treatment orders.
· Highly proficient in using technology and IT Software
· Strong ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels demonstrating your excellent communication skills
· Bachelor of Applied Science (Disability Studies), Psychology or equivalent
· Hold APHRA, DEAI or other relevant registration at all times while employed
· Current DHS Working with Children Check/DCSI Child Related Employment Screening and Disability Services Screening check
· Current South Australian Driver’s Licence
· Great career opportunity in a leading organisation
· Values based organisation, focusing on our people
· Access to Smart technology including laptop and phone
· Rewarding, friendly work environment
· New office, state of the art building with modern facilities
· Flexible work hours
· Competitive remuneration package including salary sacrifice benefits
· On the job paid training and professional development
For further detailed information about the role please click here to view the Position Description.
How do I apply?
To submit your application click APPLY providing your resume and Cover Letter.
Visit our website at www.cara.org.au
Follow us at LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/2880209/life/
For any enauiries
contact the Cara Recruitment Team on
(08) 8347 4588
The Closing Date for this role is Friday, 30 August 2019 by Close of Business.