Community Support Workers - Adelaide Hills
Community Support Workers – Adelaide Hills
· Adelaide Hills locations
· Flexibility and work/life balance
· Competitive remuneration plus salary packaging benefits
At Cara we have a long and proud history of over 60 years, we are a growing South Australian disability organisation with almost 1,000 employees supporting over 750 customers in respite, accommodation and Home Community Support.
As a leading disability service provider, Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities. Our promise is ‘we find possible’. Our work is guided by four key values – we make it personal, we are careful, we discover and create, and we are persistent
Come and find possible with us!
About the roles:
We currently have casual and part time opportunities available within the Adelaide Hills region.
These roles include supporting customers’ in their own Homes, adult accommodation services and children’s short term accommodation services.
This will appeal to Community Support Workers passionate about looking after our customers who require support managing their complex health needs offering a person centred approach.
You must have flexibility to work over a 7 day 24 hour period with weekend and weeknight shifts. There are a variety of different shifts available.
You will need:
· Passion to provide support to empower people for greater independence
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
· Providing care to our customers in a supportive and safe environment
· Experienced in navigating IT Systems and software
· Promoting the dignity and positive image of customers within the community
· Facilitating customer communication and enhancing their choice and decision making processes
· Assisting customers in all aspects of personal care
· Providing community inclusion and networking opportunities for customer and supporting customer’s leisure activities
· Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) willingness to complete or equivalent experience
· Current SA Driver’s Licence
· Current Working with Children Employment Screening and Disability Services Employment Screening essential
· Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
· Supportive work environment, strong focus on offering flexibility where possible.
· Career opportunities in a growing organisation focusing on our people
· Rewarding, friendly work environment
· On the job paid training
To view the Position Description please click here
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How do I apply?
To submit an application, click APPLY now including a Resume and Cover letter.
You can follow us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/2880209/life/
For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588
The closing date for this role is Sunday, 13 October, 2019.
Community Support Worker positions available offering competitive remuneration plus salary package options, Adelaide hills location, flexibility and work/life balance