Community Support Workers
· Permanent and casual positions available
· Flexibility and work/life balance
· Competitive remuneration plus salary packaging benefits
At Cara we have a long and proud history of over 60 years, we are a growing South Australian disability organisation with almost 1,000 employees supporting over 750 customers in respite, accommodation and Home Community Support.
As a leading disability service provider, Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities. Our promise is ‘we find possible’.
Our work is guided by four key values – we make it personal, we are careful, we discover and create, and we are persistent
Come and find possible with us!
About the roles:
· Positions currently available across the Adelaide metropolitan region covering all areas, South, Western, Northern and North Eastern
· Providing care to our customers including children and adults both in accommodation and respite services, in a supportive and safe environment
· Experience in high and complex behaviours as well as manual handling is desirable
· Promoting the dignity and positive image of customers within the community
· Facilitating customer communication and enhancing their choice and decision making processes
· Assisting customers in all aspects of personal care
· Providing community inclusion and networking opportunities for customer and supporting customer’s leisure activities
· Flexible work hours including weekend shifts
Skills and experience:
· Knowledge of person centred thinking practice
· Good level of IT skills
· Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent
· Current SA Driver’s Licence
· Current DHS Working with Children check
· Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
· Supportive work environment, strong focus on offering flexibility where possible
· Career opportunities in a growing organisation focussing on our people
· Rewarding, friendly work environment
· On the job paid training
Please refer to the Position Description here
How do I apply?
To submit an application, click APPLY now including a Resume and Cover letter.
You can follow us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/2880209/life/
For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588.
We will be conducting group assessment centres for these positions in the middle of July 2019