Community Support Worker - Port Pirie
· Casual positions available
· Flexibility and work/life balance
· Competitive remuneration plus salary packaging benefits
At Cara we have a long and proud history of over 60 years, we are a growing South Australian disability organisation with almost 1,000 employees supporting over 750 customers in respite, accommodation and Home Community Support.
As a leading disability service provider, Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities. Our promise is ‘we find possible’.
Our work is guided by four key values – we make it personal, we are careful, we discover and create, and we are persistent.
Come and find possible with us!
About the roles:
· Providing care to our customers including children and adults both in accommodation and respite services, in a supportive and safe environment
· Experience in high and complex behaviours as well as manual handling is desirable
· Promoting the dignity and positive image of customers within the community
· Facilitating customer communication and enhancing their choice and decision making processes
· Assisting customers in all aspects of personal care
· Providing community inclusion and networking opportunities for customer and supporting customer’s leisure activities
· Flexible work hours including weekend shifts
Skills and experience:
· Knowledge of person centred thinking practice
· Good level of IT skills
· Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent
· Current SA Driver’s Licence
· Current DCSI Child Related Employment Screening
· Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
· Supportive work environment, strong focus on offering flexibility where possible.
· Career opportunities in a growing organisation focussing on our people.
· Career Rewarding, friendly work environment.
· On the job paid training.
Please see the video for more information about Cara and our roles!
Please refer to the Position Description at our Careers page located at
How do I apply?
To submit an application, click APPLY now including a Resume and Cover letter.
You can follow us on LinkedIn at
For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588.
The closing date for this role is Tuesday, 27 August 2019.